Thursday, February 18, 2010

First blog of 2010



It's now February 18 and this is my first post for this year. I just wonder why my interest in blogging fluctuates ever so often. There are times when I want to blog, but I just don't know what to say. I'd rather put in the lyrics of Air Supply, "I don't know what to say, I don't know what to say...."

I'm almost finished watching a History Channel special "The Sook Ching Massacre." This show revealed how cruel the Japanese occupation was to the Chinese peopel in Singapore. They systematically killed men between the age of 15-40 by making them "disappear."

Thousands of people were killed and years later, when Singapore was at the height of its infrastructure development, construction people discovered mass graves where thousands of full skeletons were found. Today they are "burried" in a special memorial provided by the government. The Narrator emphasized that even today older generation Chinese still can't forgive the Japanese people for what they have done to them.


As I'm watching, my dear little girl is crying in her room. She's sad because her mother scolded her because of her attempt to cut open my necktie with a scissor. :) Its good that she was caught red handed, or else my necktie would become a history. Here's her picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment